Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2019 1:16 pm  #1

Frequency limits in my hand piece

I've used a low frequency for my sessions until now - 3Hz.  In each session I've experimented a bit - number of shocks, number of locations, and shocks per location while keeping the frequency constant.  Now that I've found a combination of these that seems to work best for me (topic for another post, another day - quick spoiler - 11 locations, 300 shocks per location) it's time for me to experiment with frequency setting.

I increased frequency from 3Hz to 4Hz.  My subjective reaction is that it felt like I was being hit a bit harder.  No pain, but definitely more intense.  I think it is an improvement.

Then I boosted frequency to 6Hz.  And quickly stopped the machine.  At lower frequency the regular ping of the shocks is like a metronome - always on the beat.  At 6Hz, I could hear the hand piece skipping and missing shocks here and there.  It appears the software running the machine is just fine, but the hardware has trouble keeping up at that pace.  I suspect that continued use at a high frequency could lead to overheating and perhaps damaging the hand piece.

In the session I did not try 5Hz.  Maybe next time.  But my feeling is that despite manufacturer specifications, my machine's limit is below 6Hz. 

It's sort of a "don't care" for me, as I've been getting good results with a lower frequency.  It's also sort of amusing, as I wondered when and if cutting corners in manufacturing - a Chinese manufacturing specialty these days - would show up.  Finally, it did.

Last edited by Yobro (8/11/2019 1:21 pm)

8/11/2019 4:33 pm  #2

Re: Frequency limits in my hand piece

When my 2 handpieces went bad, I was operating them at 15hz. They would start skipping shocks, then slowly go down to not producing them at all. It never felt like it overheated. It's interesting that you noticed that too.

8/12/2019 5:37 am  #3

Mine skips shocks at 15hz too, and I feel like it is not as strong.

12/07/2019 1:43 pm  #4

I was looking at a unit on Alibibaba for $600 (10-200mj, 1-16 hz) it has a replaceable buttlet in the hand peice they claim when it wears out thats all you need to replace but I highly doubt you could find that piece in fact at the units I am looking at I havent found replacement hand peices. Some of the units claim 4 million shots. how much were your replacemnt hand peices and how much was your unit to start with?

1/23/2020 11:32 pm  #5

Yobro wrote:

It's sort of a "don't care" for me, as I've been getting good results with a lower frequency.

what are your thoughts on frequency after more usage? I am considering dialing back to low frequency as i feel like it hits a bit harder and I seemed to have better results initially on lower frequency. (Although could be entirely psychosomatic.)

1/24/2020 10:32 pm  #6

There are 4 reasons for using lower frequencies. The Srini protocol, which gets good results, uses low frequeny. Cavitation happens more at low frequency. The handle will probably last longer if used at low frequency. It does feel like the shockwaves are stronger too.

7/03/2020 7:22 pm  #7

dicklimppen wrote:

When my 2 handpieces went bad, I was operating them at 15hz. They would start skipping shocks, then slowly go down to not producing them at all. It never felt like it overheated. It's interesting that you noticed that too.

What I have noticed with my machine is that when it starts to skip, the transmitter head has come somewhat loose so then I make sure it is screwed on as tight as I can get it and that seems to help.

7/03/2020 7:24 pm  #8

maomao wrote:

Mine skips shocks at 15hz too, and I feel like it is not as strong.

​Look to see if the transmitter head is screwed on as tight as you can get it because the vibration hammering can loosen the heads especially at high freq levels. I did this and it seemed to help stop the skipping.

Board footera