Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2019 4:52 am  #1

Greetings, Gang!

I'm Al.  I've been looking at these shockwave machines for about a year, but have found them more expensive than I could afford to buy - especially taking a chance with an unknown company in a foreign country, where I couldn't got beat someone up, if I discovered I'd been ripped off! LOL!

At any rate, I'd come across the Ginha 3621 on eBay and stumbled across this forum while doing research into the product.  You guys seem like a fun, albeit similarly-afflicted bunch, so I decided to jump in, even though I have not yet purchased a product or started any type of therapy.  In my early 50s, this condition has really burdened my spirit, as "the work" of erectile function has always been something that I did well and prided myself on.  Now, I know how Michael Jordan must feel not being able to play basketball.  LOL!  But, Hell ... at least he's got a professional sports team and a satchel full of loot to show for the work he has already put in.  I am encouraged, however, hearing from you gents already in this undesired family grouping, and I wish you all the best of fortune with your efforts.

Last edited by Al (11/25/2019 4:54 am)

11/25/2019 7:22 am  #2

Re: Greetings, Gang!

Welcome Al. Please let us know how your treatments go.

Dick

11/25/2019 3:54 pm  #3

Welcome Al. Please let us know what machine you decide to buy. 

11/26/2019 11:43 am  #4

Al wrote:

At any rate, I'd come across the Ginha 3621 on eBay...

Hey Al! Welcome to the club!

Just wanted to point out that they are sold on Amazon too, just to give you options. This is 3621 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZP5ZPR3
And 1602 is this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081C1GS9S
There's more that one seller of course.

Take care!

Last edited by comer (11/26/2019 11:43 am)

1/20/2020 10:49 am  #5

OK.  So, I ended up buying the 1602 through eBay.  It arrived while I was out of town, and I was eager to check it out upon my return.  Unfortunately, I lost my laptop on my return trip, along with all of the info, articles, medical journal info, data, settings info, etc. that I had amassed prior to diving in. {Great, right?! }.  Additionally, I realized that I also forgot to get ultrasound or numbing gel.  Still ... eager to see how the machine works, I put on the head that I think was supposed to be for ED (the uniquely-shaped, non-round one); put head to shaft; pressed the button with the picture of a pelvis; and flicked the power switch.

YEEOUCH!!!!!  That thing felt like I'd laid my flaccid dick on a piece of metal and began to bang it with a blacksmith's hammer!  I could only take about 4 "bangs" on each of the 3 sides that I tried.

So, I'm guessing that the numbing creme/gel is highly recommended, as is starting the therapy with a least a semi-rigid pipe, so the old guy had some fortitude to withstand the bangs, eh?  Is there anything else you experienced guys would recommend?  Also, what Pulse/Frequency settings are the prevailing recommendations?  I've lost all my notes on that question.

1/20/2020 5:31 pm  #6

I don't use any numbing cream and I've never tried it with a semi. The application isn't like getting a massage but it the discomfort is bearable. I do recommend the ultrasound gel, if nothing else than it makes gliding the head around easier. Here are my current settings:

90 mJ
9 HZ
4500 applications (1000 each side of the shaft and curas, 500 to glans)
35 mm applicator

1/20/2020 6:54 pm  #7

i don't use numbing cream and never tried with a simi either.

anywhere from 4 bar to 8 bar
anywhere from 4 HZ to 12 HZ

1/21/2020 12:07 pm  #8

Don't use that non round one!!

1/21/2020 4:16 pm  #9

I don't use numbing cream.  Even at the highest setting I've tried (briefly), 120mJ (with my largest applicator - 41mm diameter), the shocks were not painful.  Some sharpness, but I could also use that description for chugging an India Pale Ale.

My current rule of thumb (sorry for the horrible mixed metaphor.  "Rule of penis" more accurate but...???) - if my penis is so beat up that it can't get up off the canvas at the end of the session, then I know I overdid it.

Board footera