Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2021 7:49 am  #1

Starting! -> Shockwave Machine + Electrostimulation Machine

Oh my!
I just got delivered: 
- Shockwave therapy machine (https://shockwavefored.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=149)
- Electrostimulation machine (https://shockwavefored.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=135)

I will use both at the same time! Not very scientific, but they work in different ways and both are supposed to make more erect, so..

QUESTIONS: 
Shockwave machine: 
There are 2 tops with 15mm in there. 
One more flat, one more rounded. 
It says the flat one is the 'concave' one, is that the right one to use?

Do you leave the blue covers on the workheads? (15mm workhead eg)

Ok, frequenzy:
i hate myself for this: i took super detailed notes of whole blog, but i somehow don't find it anymore, which is cracy. 
So i think i remember there could be case that lower frequency takes longer but is better. 
So i'll put that to 1? Ok, then the whole thing takes 50min? Ok, i guess then put it to 2 for 25min. 

Power: It has settings 1 to 12. '1 stands for 10mj' - but i read here i think that '2 bars' are the right setting for a 15mm work head

Plan is to do 2 treatments per week with 3000 pulses for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks pause, and do 3 rounds of this total..
and then go to 2 bi-weekly treatments for 3 weeks and pause of 8 weeks for rest of life

Oook.. just trying it out
it doesn't show how many pulses it did when i work it? 
So i have to basically pre-calculate and set the timer? 

so 1000 pulses on one penis side
with 2 herz -> so 2 per second, so it takes 500 seconds for 1000 pulses = 8.3 minutes

?!

Ok.. i did not expect this! 
Is this supposed to work like this?:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16jYvMax4fugLSpH_Zxho4OedRS4_ZKVX/view

The machine is basically pounding my penis??
Is this right? 
It's the same with the blue cover on

Did my first session this way, with blue cover on. 
Hope this is right. 

I have to say on the penis it was no 'problem', at the perineum i felt the pounding much more and it was slightly uncomfortable, but well. 
I tried to get a lot of perineum by pushing the balls up a lot. 

Last edited by Dream (3/04/2021 8:54 am)

3/07/2021 10:53 am  #2

Re: Starting! -> Shockwave Machine + Electrostimulation Machine

Ok, so i do 2x 9 minutes on penis left and right and 2x 4minutes on perrineum. 
So that is 26min every 3 days, that's nothing really. 

Perinneum hurts much more. 
2 herz. 
I read on machine that power setting (goes from 1-12) on 2 where i have it is 20mj
Gotta look up how much i need on my 15mm flat thing (i use it with flexible plastic cover) i need to get the 09mg/mm2

---
The other thing, the phallo max electrostimulation takes much longer. 
If i do all 3 programs, that's 1,5hours. 
I guess i can do it next to computer work when i sit in front of pc anway and work. 
And i use one leftover electrocutor to put on my chest muscle )

Last edited by Dream (3/07/2021 10:56 am)

3/08/2021 5:21 pm  #3

http://shockwavefored.blogspot.com/2019/03/more-on-strength-settings-bars-mj-and.html

Hm. How much mj should i take?
Ok, let’s calculate.

15mm diametre -> 177 mm2 surface area

0.09 mj per mm2

177m2 -> 16mj

So.. my setting 2 is 20mj and is the closest i come to that
So i guess i leave it at 2

3/20/2021 6:53 pm  #4

First 3 Weeks done! 
Did 1 session every 3 days, so 7 sessions shockwave

"Plan is to do 2 treatments per week with 3000 pulses for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks pause, and do 3 rounds of this total..
and then go to 2 bi-weekly treatments for 3 weeks and pause of 8 weeks for rest of life"

So, now 3 weeks pause, then 3 weeks of treatments again. 

So far results: 
Don't think i felt any change. 
I have a log of whenever something surprises me. 
But there was just: One morning erection (which i have seldom), and one time getting erect when shockwaving

Please take a look and tell me if this looks correctly, i made a video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w9lvAU9QKIbcVGwCa6_E439CoH7WMTTm/view?usp=sharing

(additional: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uE5ZnbxE2blSh0Vjw_VjW8sCcMLOIA5Y/view?usp=sharing)

4/18/2021 9:22 am  #5

Ok, i got a feedback (Thanks!):
- move slower
- use ultrasound gel to make it slide better
- push harder in

I'll do that.
I did the first 3 weeks, then 3 weeks pause, now i am starting another 3 weeks of procedures.

I now do it with 3 herz instead of 2. 
Makes the whole process a bit faster.
6min for each penis side, 3min for each side perrineum, so 18min in total

Srini protocoll i orient myself: http://shockwavefored.blogspot.com/2020/01/srini-protocol-gives-best-results.html
Srini Protocoll said ".09 mJ/mm2"

Hm. How much mj should i take?
Ok, let’s calculate.

15mm diametre -> 177 mm2 surface area

0.09 mj per mm2

177m2 -> 16mj

So.. my setting 2 is 20mj and is the closest i come to that
So i guess i leave it at 2 = 20mj

Is 20mj considered very low?

Perhaps i'll go also without blue cup when the gel arrives, as guys talk about it here: https://shockwavefored.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=125

Last edited by Dream (4/19/2021 2:03 pm)

4/19/2021 2:04 pm  #6

https://www.shockwavetherapy.education/index.php/theory/types-of-shockwave
-> this website is very interesting in general! A total goldmine!!

Compressed Airbar               Magnetic mJ               Energy per mm using 15mm head mJ/mm2
1 bar                                        60mj
2 bar                                        90mj
3 bar                                       120mj                       0.12 
4 bar                                       150mj                    
5 bar                                       180mj                       0.38

Using a hand held applicator these waves are transmitted up to 35mm into the patient's body (Ammendolia et al, 2001)

The depth a concusive shockwave can reach depends on the force at which the shockwave is produced (Cleveland, Chitnis and McClure, 2007). The higher the input of energy the deeper the shock will travel and the more energy will be transmitted into the tissues. Generally the shockwave produced is believed to travel out from the head of the machine in a cylindrical shape with very little energy outside of the physical size of the head i.e. a 15mm round head will give a 15mm round shock wave

Below are 3 common examples of force and depth using a 15mm round head with a 0.7mm convex strike plate: (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17467154/)
1 bar or 60mj: 1cm into the body
2 bar or 90mj: 2.2cm into the body
3 bar or 120mj: 3.9cm into the body
(but: don't know which herz that is at, see later that this really also has effect on how far it goes inward
But from the sound of the abstract, they just did 1 shock - probably simillar to 1 herz)

Omg, that is so useful!!
So, my penis flaccid on thickest point is 4.5cm. 
So.. i guess i want the shockwaves to go into at least half of that - so when i do all sides, that it reaches all of penis. So 90mj with 2.2cm is close enough to 2.25cm (half of 4.5cm)

So, instead of 20mj i did right now (oriented towards Srini protocoll) i wanna do 90mj now!

But: i don't want to do the underside of course, cause there is no erectile tissue but more urethra:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Morteza-Karkan/publication/316592651/figure/fig1/AS:677022552571904@1538426163166/Schematic-penis-anatomy.png

---
Website continous (with pics and stuff):

Convex (bent outward) vs concave (bent inward) head: 
Convex head makes effect on more wider area,
concave head makes effect more concentrated on a smaller area. 
-> not sure what is better for our purposesFrequencies in Shockwave Treatment:The effect of changing the frequency of shockwave therapy know as the pulse rate frequency (or PRF for short) may be more than just for comfort. Higher frequencies 14+hz are described by patients as feeling easier. Lower frequencies 8-12hz are often described as feeling more painful. Authors have suggested using higher frequencies at the beginning of treatment to familiarise or acclimatise the patient to the sensation then work down to the desired frequency in stages e.g. 200 shocks at 16hz then 200 at 14hz then 200 at 12hz aiming for 10hz in the end for the desired 2000 shocks.Huber, Jöchle and Debus (1998) have shown that low frequencies (0.5hz-5hz) cause much less cavitation during treatment (there is little effect on cavitation bubble lifespan or size) whereas high frequencies (above 5hz) cause many more cavitations which increase in number with increasing speed/frequency. However, it must be noted that although increasing frequency increased the number of cavitations it did not increase the size of those cavitations; only pressure (energy delivery per mm) can do that.Increasing frequency affects the depth of wave penetration (as lower frequency waves travel further than higher frequency waves). As can be seen below high frequency waves travel less distance (below are depictions of different wave frequencies on a gold film, adapted from Telford, Geldart and Sheriff, 1990). Ok, so Summary:
high frequencies (above 5hz) cause many more cavitations which increase in number with increasing speed/frequency
-> so.. better have more herz, over 5 (not at all like srini protocoll)
BUT: Did they compare it per herz or per minute? Of course if i do 10minutes of each, then the high frequenzies make much more cavities than low frequenzies, this seems logical. 
But if i just do longer with less herz i could get the same result?
- But lower frequency waves travel further than higher frequency  waves
pressure (energy delivery per mm) increase the size of those cavitations

Increasing frequency affects the depth of wave penetration (as lower frequency waves travel further than higher frequency waves). As can be seen below high frequency waves travel less distance
So increasing frequency can be used to decrease treatment depth whilst maintaining shock energy
you can create stronger effects at lower depths by increasing both the frequency and the power
[size=125]->So, this makes it more complicated again, i would like to know at above example how deep it reaches with different MJ's energy with 15mm head and what is right for my penis - but now i don't know how many herz they used, cause this also affects how deep it goes.
[/size]

So, do this: 
- 90mj Pressure to get some depth (and it also increases size of cavities)
- 1 herz (most depth, probably the depth i need with 90mj) and i just do it for longer time, so i get the same amount of pulses as with higher herz frequenzy
- change from concave head to convex head
- also don't use blue cover but use condom instead; and use ultrasound gel

Last edited by Dream (4/19/2021 3:05 pm)

4/19/2021 3:00 pm  #7

Website continous: Radial shockwave effects fall into three broad categories:
[list=1]
[*]Destruction of tissue
[*]Healing (increased)
[*]Decrease of pain
[/list]
each shock wave will have some of each of these effects around each wave i.e. a shockwave at the highest settings (to create damage) will always have an area around the wave where there will be less energy and hence some of the other effects.

high levels = damage + healing + pain relief. Middle levels = healing + pain relief. Low levels = pain relief only

-> I don't know what we are going for to strengthen erections, damage or healing?

[[[Focused shockwave or high energy (section for information only - this web site is dedicated to radial shockwave):High energy shockwave has been shown to have detrimental effects on soft tissues. ]]
- ok, we don't want focused shockwave, we want radial shockwave i guess

4/19/2021 3:20 pm  #8

https://www.shockwavetherapy.education/index.php/theory/gel-or-oil

Castor oil is better but more impractical than ultrasound gel

----
https://www.shockwavetherapy.education/index.php/theory/hisotry Dosage of Radial Shockwave
[list=1]

• Destruction of tissue
  • Increased biological effects (healing, blood supply etc)
  • Pain reduction

•  

destruction: over 105mj
    healing: 60-90mj
    pain reduction: 60-90mj

How often - they say stuff like every 7-10 days
    for stuff on knee and such

Last edited by Dream (4/20/2021 11:37 am)

5/02/2021 4:47 am  #9

Thanks for posting Dream. I don't have a machine. I would like to purchase one but I don't see many people posting about good results. Godd luck to you.

5/02/2021 5:14 am  #10

Hey, Thanks!

Yea, i am a bit curious about my second round 

Board footera