Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2019 2:47 pm  #1

Professional Mode Shockwave Therapy In Clinics - mj & hz levels

For those of you who have had this treatment done in Clinics, what levels of mj and hz did the doctor use?  And were you told of different levels of treatment - stronger treatment versus more moderate or light treatment - and what the mj and hz levels were for those?  I'm trying to understand what a typical higher dose / stronger treatment would entail with the mj and hz settings, versus what a moderate dose / treatment might be and what the moderate mj and hz would be.  Any details you could all provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2/05/2020 11:51 am  #2

Re: Professional Mode Shockwave Therapy In Clinics - mj & hz levels

I did a series of 6 sessions with excellent results. I did not have Ed to start but at 65 I wasn’t happy with my erections. That changed quickly. Made them like I was in my 30s. 
we started at 3.2 Bars at 12HZ 2000 hits x5. Last sessions were at 3.5 Bars.

2/05/2020 9:22 pm  #3

Doman53 wrote:

I did a series of 6 sessions with excellent results. I did not have Ed to start but at 65 I wasn’t happy with my erections. That changed quickly. Made them like I was in my 30s. 
we started at 3.2 Bars at 12HZ 2000 hits x5. Last sessions were at 3.5 Bars.

Am I understanding correctly - a total of 10000 hits per session? 

2/06/2020 12:00 pm  #4

That is correct. 10000 per session.
I’d post a photo of the handle showing settings but can’t figure out how. 

2/06/2020 3:51 pm  #5

Doman53 Are you in the  USA?

2/09/2020 9:52 am  #6

Yes I am. Texas. The Dr here uses a Storz Medical machine. 

2/10/2020 2:00 pm  #7

And I was erect for all the applicants thanks to a friendly female technician. 

2/12/2020 1:15 am  #8

I ran across a Gainswave demo video that offers some clues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLqd-m3kQBc

The guy starts the machine and it is jackhammer fast.  Starting at 0:47 in the video you can see machine settings on the applicator.  Two numbers are visible - 19 and 3.7.  The description of these numbers is too small to be seen, but looks like it could be 19Hz and 3.7 bars.  The applicator size appears to be 15mm or so.  And yeah, hitting that fast and that hard with a small applicator would probably need numbing cream.  He shows his palm turned red from 15 seconds of shocks.  If 19Hz is correct, he received 285 shocks in 15 seconds.

No thanks.  That is way more intensity than I use and I'm getting good results - and I believe with less risk.

2/13/2020 3:03 pm  #9

I found the protocol used by the Boston Medical Group's current study here:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03596047?recrs=abc

From the page:

Patients will be randomly assigned to one of the following treatment arms:

Arm 1 (Standard treatment (oral sildenafil) + Radial wave therapy): Sildenafil according to the degree of patient involvement + 6 sessions of radial waves. A weekly session of radial waves will be applied with the following parameters: 6000 pulses at 1.5-2.6 bar (depending on patient tolerance), with a frequency of 17Hz, the frequency should increase to 22HZ the first 500 impulses to create mild anesthesia in the area; in all radial wave sessions, 4000 impulses will be distributed in the body of the penis in scanning technique and 2000 impulses in the perineal area.

Arm 2 (Standard treatment (oral sildenafil) + Placebo therapy): Sildenafil according to the patient's degree of affectation + 6 sessions of placebo therapy. There will be a weekly session of placebo wave therapy, using the respective device to prevent the patient from receiving the radial wave. The same parameters of the "real" therapy will be used: 6000 pulses at 2.6 bar, with a frequency of 17 Hz; in all radial wave sessions, 4000 impulses will be distributed in the body of the penis in scanning technique and 2000 impulses in the perineal area.

Both this study and the Gainswave protocol seem to "pump up the volume" on treatments.  I'm getting good results with much smaller shock doses, and had an adverse reaction to a higher dose.  My take is these guys are probably overdoing it, or doing more than necessary.

Last edited by Yobro (2/13/2020 3:04 pm)

2/16/2020 1:02 am  #10

Yobro,

This is a clinical trial. We don't know what results they got with these, in my view, over the top treatment, especially in light of the Srini method that gets great results with a much lighter regimen.

Dick

Board footera