Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2019 4:01 am  #1

Hello gentlemen!

Hi everyone. I’m yet another guy with ED trying to find a solution. I am 66 and have been trying to figure out how to beat my ED for about 5 years now. I was diagnosed with low T a few years ago, and eventually got prescribed testosterone gel, which has raised my T levels into the low end of the reference range, but has not done much to help with the ED.

I’ve tried all the regular dietary and exercise options, and pretty much all of the supplements I could find, but none of them have done anything to help. I have also tried all of the PDE5 inhibitors, and these help to varying degrees at their maximum dosage levels, but I often get quite nasty side effects from them.

Like everyone else here, I am hoping to find a solution to the ED problem, rather than just using medication to mitigate the symptoms, and what I have read here, and on Dick’s blog, have persuaded me to give shockwave a try. It seems a lot of cash to lay out on something that is not fully proven, but if it works I figure it will be well worth the investment.

Having seen a few of the problems that seem inherent with the electromagnetic handles, I decided to try to find a compressor driven machine. My eventual choice was an 0-8 Bar, 1-21 Hz machine that I bought via eBay from a seller in China. It cost me £1118 (GBP) including shipping, and I had to pay another £40 (GBP) Import Duty when it arrived here in the UK.

I am not quite sure of the brand - it had no literature at all, and the casing just says ‘Shock Wave’. The vendor has been very helpful, and sent me links to a video and a user manual. The latter says the device is: NG-SWT6000 Shockwave System.

I was a little surprised at the size of the thing when it arrived, well packaged and in a large flight case. It weighs around 28 kg / 62 lb! It seems to be solidly built, and comes with 5 treatment heads, plus a set of spare O-rings and seals, and three spare bullets.

I am about a week into my treatment. I do 1000 shocks each to the top, bottom left and right of the penis, plus 1000 each side to the crura. A total of 6000 shocks at 15 Hz and at 3 Bar. So far, I have been doing the treatments on alternate days. I plan to do two weeks like this, then have a break of 2-3 weeks to see if anything happens.

I hope to post fairly regularly on my progress, if any. Fingers crossed!

8/16/2019 4:31 am  #2

Re: Hello gentlemen!

Hi Badger,
Welcome to the club. Your experience sounds pretty typical. The price of the machine you got is pretty good in my opinion. Please keep us posted about your results.
Dick

8/26/2019 12:22 pm  #3

Badger wrote:

the device is: NG-SWT6000 Shockwave System

Mighty fine looking!  Looks like you got the Cadillac of them:

Badger wrote:

It weighs around 28 kg / 62 lb! It seems to be solidly built

The real proof of the pudding is the durability of the handle, but it does seem yours looks superior.

Badger wrote:

I hope to post fairly regularly on my progress, if any.

All the best to you!  I'm sure a lot of people on here would like to hear your conclusions.

Last edited by antonio (8/26/2019 12:23 pm)

8/26/2019 8:26 pm  #4

Good luck Badger! Please keep us updated 

8/27/2019 1:58 am  #5

Hi guys! Thanks for your welcome and encouragement, which I very much appreciated. It is good to have a little mutual support, so thank you and Hi to Dick, Pleasework and Antonio, and my best wished for your successful treatment outcomes.

Well, here goes with my first update. I have just completed my first course of treatment, which went as follows:

Machine set to 3 Bar and 15 Hz. I used the 15mm head most of the time, though in the last couple of days I noticed that the machine was suggesting a smaller head (10mm?) so I tried that for a couple of days. The 15mm head seemed easier to use but with a diffused shock, the smaller one seems to deliver a more focussed shock. I have no idea which would be the more effective. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

I set the machine to 1000 shocks and delivered:

1000 shocks to top of shaft
1000 shocks to underside of shaft
1000 shocks to left side of shaft
1000 shocks to right side of shaft
1000 shocks to left crus
1000 shocks to right crus

I did treatments on alternate days, for a total of 10 treatments, and I now plan to take a break of about 2-3 weeks to se what, if anything, happens.

It is early days, so obviously nothing dramatic has happened so far, and I understand it may take a couple of weeks of recovery before I see any improvement. I have, however, noticed strong morning erections over the past few days, which I take as an encouraging sign, but this might be wishful thinking on my part? It has been a while I have had morning erections, though.

So far, I have been very pleased with the machine. A couple of days in there was a problem with the handle which was worrying. I was suddenly reminded of Dick’s experiences with two handle failures and had visions of having to send it back for replacement.

Turns out that it was just a small seal that was damaged, so much of the air pressure was leaking away. The handle started to behave erratically, and then the shocks stopped entirely. I took it apart and discovered that a tiny seal (the manufacturers refer to it as a ‘brick’) had partially disintegrated.

The device came with plenty of spares, so once I had fitted a new one I was good to go, and it has not faltered since. The supplier was supportive, and assures me that there are stocks of spares should I need them.

Antonio - I really wish I had the machine you picture shows - it is indeed the Cadillac of shockwave machines! Mine is a little more modest than that, and does not have the wheeled stand. I guess I got the utility model. I will attempt to post a picture of it if I can figure out how to do that. I does seem a substantial machines, which is reassuring. My theory is that these machines are all very similar, but fitted into different cases by the various manufacturers. Mine has nothing on it to state what brand or model I have, so my assertion that it is the NG-SWT6000 is based on the downloaded user manual, which does show a picture of my machine on the cover. Maybe SWT6000 is a generic mechanism used by various manufacturers?

The main thing I wanted to do was to go with a compressor-driven machine, having read about the problems that Dick and others seem to have had with the electromagnetic handles. I did question my choice when I had early problems, though with that resolved it seems a pretty solid device so far.

That’s it for now - I’ll be back with any news of a result.

Badger

8/27/2019 2:15 am  #6

Here’s my shockwave machine The coffee mug gives an idea of size...

http://www.imagebam.com/image/10b19b1308794214

11/07/2019 5:39 pm  #7

Badger your machine looks just like mine except different color. 

12/01/2019 5:22 am  #8

Hi Marlin.

How are you getting along with your machine? I have now completed two courses of treatment with mine, and I can’t say that I have seen any improvement so far. I plan to take a break for a few weeks, and maybe try again in the New Year.

I’m reasonably impressed with the build quality of my machine, though I have had a few problems with the treatment handle. It seems that the hose connection can twist slightly in the handle, and when that occurs the shocks gradually get weak and intermittent. I found that twisting the handle very slightly restores normal function, but it can easily move again. I may try preventing the movement with a small amount of glue or something.

Has anyone else had this problem on a pneumatic shockwave machine?

12/01/2019 8:14 am  #9

Hello and welcome, Badger!

It seems that you a bit overdoing it with 6k shocks at 3 bars, don't you think?
This way you may be doing more damage than your body can heal during rest period.
Average commercial protocol does 1000x2 sides and 500x2 crura. At once or twice a week interval. I understand the eagerness but it may be counterproductive. Just my thought.

Good luck,
Comer

PS: also, the suggested energy density is around 0.1  mJ/mm2 which translates to 2 bars according to Dick's table.

Last edited by comer (12/01/2019 8:16 am)

12/01/2019 8:28 am  #10

Hi Comer,

Yes - you’re not the first to make that observation - thanks for your thoughts. I got a little mixed up with the settings on my first round and several board members were quick to point out the error of my ways. Luckily, the first round d=seemed to make no difference one way or another, so I’m relieved that I didn’t do any harm!

Fo my second round I dropped the settings to 1 Bar (my machine’s lowest setting) and I also reduced the frequency to 10 Hz. My other change was to reduce the treatment sessions to once every 3-4 days. I did 10 treatments like this, but nothing seems to have changes as a result, regrettably.

I’m a bit disappointed not to have seen any results at all, so I’m thinking of having a break for a few week and then doing a further round of treatment before I call it a day.

Hope you are having better luck than me!

Badger

Board footera