Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2019 1:23 pm  #2

Re: Cheap shockwave machine

Thanks for the post!

A chart of U.S. currency vs. the dollar may be found here:

https://www.investopedia.com/trading/chinese-devaluation-yuan/

According to the page, the devaluations totaled about 3%, so by themselves devaluations do not explain the low price. 

Based on the picture of the machine, it looks much smaller than mine.  The hand piece looks the same as the one I have - I've had no trouble with my hand piece, by the way. 

I suspect it's just a newer, cheaper model and the manufacturer is expecting economy of scale from building and selling more of them.  The old cliche about electronics manufacturing: "It takes a million dollars to build one of anything, but build a million of them and making them costs one dollar each."

We've seen the same radical price declines in computers over the years - more computing power for less money. 

I think this is terrific news, by the way.  I am into my second round (I'll write it up when complete) of six sessions now, so I have a little bit of hands-on experience with shockwave technology..

I am convinced that men with vascular ED issues should have the right to make their own decisions about shockwave treatment, and without the blatant rip off pricing that the medical "profession" provides today.  Lower price for equipment could help a lot of people.

Last edited by Yobro (8/09/2019 1:28 pm)

8/26/2019 11:42 am  #3

Thanks for the link! I am thinking of ordering it as it's more within my budget. Will update.

I researched it a bit on the Chinese "eBay" aka Taobao. The listings (same machine) there are fairly new too (past few months). There has been some reviews (less than a dozen) all positive - mostly about fast deliveries (duh) but at least two user cases mentioning it works - one mentioned not as robust as hospital machines which was to be expected. But since they are all few months old there is no longterm user case. This model was quite frequently listed (by different sellers) when you search generic shockwave machine. Prices ranged from $250 - 400 USD. So the eBay price has the shipping included it seems. 

It is smaller in size than most other machines. Max 90 watt consumption vs the $1+k machines which can consume up to 200+W I think? Max output seems to be capped at 16HZ, 105MJ... about half of some larger machines but enough for our purpose. 

I also found shockwave therapy is more common / accepted in east Asia, for massage and joint problems. There is a long history with massage equipments (chairs, handhelds etc.). I think it makes sense that eventually a more economical and "lite" machine will be in the market for home use. 

9/06/2019 8:41 am  #4

Thanks for that Dicklimpen.I had been waiting in hopes that prices would eventually come down.Being in Canada it gets a bit exspensive with the currency exchange! I have gone ahead and ordered one thru ebay and should be delivered after sept.12.Once I figure out where to get some gel,I will get started and post progress....thanks

9/08/2019 7:45 am  #5

Zozbosmeek,

Let us know how your treatments work.

Dick

9/09/2019 7:32 am  #6

I just purchased this machine through the link that Dick Limppen provided.  The seller just reduced the price to $460.  I also used the "Make an Offer" feature to get an even lower price.  One caveat ... it doesn't seem possible to purchase the Squarespace warranty when using "Make an Offer" ... or at least I can't figure out how.  Hopefully this machine won't break on me.

Note: There are many other sellers on eBay selling this same machine for substantially less ... but this seller seems to be the only one offering expedited shipping.  Shop around, if you're willing to wait longer for shipping, it appears you could purchase one for well under $400.

9/12/2019 1:27 pm  #7

Mine just arrived. I also made an offer and got $480... Jackinthebox got a better deal!
The shipping was much faster than expected, about a week.

The size is very portable (approx. 15"x12", only 4" thick)... can be my laptop case!

So far the machine seems to work for lack of comparison. Def lacking in some features.

Here is a preliminary review:
Good:
> Quick shipping and economical.
> Small and easy to store.
> Start / stop button right on the handle which is handy.
> The case is solid... for the handle only time will tell (will update). 

Bad:
> No manual. Minimal information on the panel.
> Power level (1-12) doesn't indicated energy lvl in any units. It's a mystery. Frequency (1-16) I have figured out is in Hz. 
> In the general mode you cannot set the number of shocks or treatment duration... there is a counter however to partially mitigate the problem, just have to watch it. EDIT: It automatically stops the machine at 2500 shocks. Pressing start again will restart the counter. 
> It's loud. Which I guess is the case for all shock machines. 

I am going to contact the seller to see if there is a manual. 

Last edited by JoeCanada (9/13/2019 1:43 pm)

9/13/2019 9:22 am  #8

JoeCanada - 

This post may be helpful:   http://shockwavefored.blogspot.com/2019/08/review-of-this-inexpensive-shockwave.html

It appears that energy delivered varies according to frequency, with frequencies above 12 Hz delivering less energy (presumably to prolong the life of the handle).

Stay at 12 Hz or below, and energy level (level 12) should deliver 105MJ (the max this machine can deliver).  I'm still waiting on my unit, and energy level=12 at freq=12Hz is the setting I intend to try. 

All shockwave machines are loud, including professional machines used by doctors.

Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences with your machine!  I hope mine arrives in a few days (haven't received tracking number yet).

Last edited by jackinthebox (9/13/2019 9:22 am)

9/13/2019 1:57 pm  #9

Thanks! Didn't know dicklimppen has already reviewed it haha! 
That chart is convoluted but helpful. 

Yes I can hear some rattling within the handle similar to dick's experience. Hopefully it holds out. 

Started my treatment. Personally I am going for low energy and low frequency, follow partially JChiwood's treatment (he uses very low energy in the 15 MJ and slightly larger head, which lowers the energy further). Low frequency based on the research that lower frequency travels further and has larger (but fewer) cavitation. I did half in higher frequency to get a range of cavitation and distance. 

Also because I found higher energy and frequency became uncomfortable that borderlines on pain. My thinking is this is like deep tissue massages. And at mid/low energy it felt... good in the massaged sense. Like things loosen up without the pain. 

Hope you get yours soon!

Last edited by JoeCanada (9/13/2019 1:58 pm)

9/20/2019 9:04 am  #10

I have also purchased this machine.As others have said there are no instructions,however i did get 1 reply from the contact person (Evelyn)with a few photos showing the 2 heads that have no covers on them.Still no instruction on what P or F levels to use.Not sure but I think the table that Dicklimpen posted in his blog on another site,the P would be for mj levels and the F for hz?He also said to use it with the covered head that is on the handle the way it comes with both levels turned up full.I can handle it that way but if i try to use the heads that are in the photos(no covers) ii is way too intense,infact painful.The instruction that i recieved from Evelyn with the photos shows 5 areas to target useing 300 hits per area for a total of 1500 per session.This number is so much smaller than the numbers i am seeing that guys are useing in this forum that I'm wondering.........So hopefully someone can enlighten me on what the P and F stands for and perhaps the number of shocks i should try...thanks.Just getting started....Zoz

Board footera