Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/19/2019 1:28 pm  #1

Hi guys

Hello!  I'm glad I found this board.  I just purchased a machine - with both anticipation and some unease.  One treatment and both feelings remain.  I'll see.

I'm 67 years old, live on the U.S. west coast.  I have prostate cancer, diagnosed four years ago.  Fortunately it is not aggressive (Gleason 6) and my only treatment is continued PSA tests and prostate biopsies.

I respond well to drug based PDE-5 inhibitors, but they give me a headache and noticeably affect my vision.  I've recently tried an herbal combo that purports to work similarly to the drugs with some success.  FWIW, the herbs are Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa and Cnidium Monnieri.  Yeah, I never heard of them either (until fairly recently).  Basically no side effects, and I was sure they did nothing at first, but then they kicked in and seemed helpful.  The feeling was somewhat different than prescription meds.

But I digress.

I purchased my machine from a Chinese manufacturer through Alibaba after checking out what was available on eBay, Amazon, and DHGate.  The Chinese manufacturers offer substantial quantity discounts.  It seems there are a lot of third party sellers.  My impression is the third parties buy a quantity, then mark them up just below the manufacturer's price for a quantity of one. 

With this in mind, it seemed wiser to pay a bit more and buy directly from a manufacturer.  I would expect little or no support from a fly-by-night reseller.

I did a lot of investigation of shockwave research and protocols prior to purchase and will share what I found and questions I have in other posts.

Best regards, everyone!

6/19/2019 4:23 pm  #2

Re: Hi guys

Yobro,
Welcome. Please let us know which one you bought, price, how its working, what your treatment protocol is.
Have you tried injections?
Dick

6/20/2019 1:09 pm  #3

I bought the machine here:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Machine-Shockwave-Therapy-For-Shock-Wave_62025060238.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.82.17.10364d734mFZEU

You can see the machine demonstrated here:

The model number is SW5B. The vendor is itech-aesthetics. The price was $1152.  Alibaba adds a service charge.  The company's own web site is here:  http://itech-aesthetics.com/

Delivery time was eight days from my date of order.  The machine works, so far.  I have no idea if it is calibrated accurately.  We are at the mercy of the manufacturers in that regard.

Looking at the company's site, I get the impression that going to a high-end beauty parlor in China is like going through a car wash in the U.S. as the machines work the customer over.

Once I have settled on a protocol, I'll post.  My first use of the machine was experimental and deliberately under-powered. 

I've not had injections.   My ed most likely is a result of years of mild hypertension, compounded by my prostate issue.

6/20/2019 1:46 pm  #4

Hi Yobrobdo you still hae hypertension and prostate issues? If not what type of treat did you do for the prostate?

6/20/2019 7:43 pm  #5

For prostate I'm "watchful waiting".  Which is to say PSA test twice a year and prostate biopsy every 2 years.  My first urologist was the worst doctor I've ever had.  According to some guidelines, Gleason 6 (non aggressive) prostate cancer should possibly be called something other than cancer, because cancer is such an alarming diagnosis.

https://urologyweb.com/gleason-6-prostate-cancer/

But this urologist made a big effort to try to talk me into a radical prostatectomy.  I'll never forget his final attempt to close the deal.  He asked me, "So, how long do you want to live?"

I had already done my prostate cancer homework and knew he was full of it.  I looked him square in the eye and replied, "I figure after 80 I'm playing with house money," shrugged, got up and left.

The take home lesson for everybody is if you have a health issue learn as much as you can and be your own advocate!  Fortunately, now I have a urologist I trust.

My hypertension eased when I stopped working (so much).  Avostatin and intermittent use of HCTZ helps, along with more regular exercise now that I have more time.  But the ED persists.  It seems likely that vascular issues are the source of my ED, which I believe makes me a candidate for shock wave therapy.

I understand the U.S. FDA's reluctance to endorse shock wave for ED.  None of the research studies have been the very large clinical trials the FDA demands.  There is a lot that is not yet known.  And even if shock wave for ED was approved, I likely would be disqualified for treatment because of my prostate issue.

Which brings up an interesting point: Zapping the crura with a shock wave machine likely also shocks the prostate.  Could angiogenesis in my prostate kick-start those cancerous cells?  I have no idea, and from what I've read neither does anybody else.  Men with undiagnosed prostate cancer could be in a world of hurt from shock waves ... possibly .... nobody knows for sure.  Maybe it's possible to thread the needle and deliver shocks to the crura area that does not reach the prostate.  I am not qualified to do this, so my plan is to keep shocks as far away from my prostate as I can. 

Could shock wave therapy for ED have long term adverse effects on healthy prostates?  It's one of those questions that could take many years to sort out.

Board footera