Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/20/2020 7:22 pm  #1

Introductions

Quick hello to the others here. We're all here for the same reason and that is to improve on our ED problems. I just turned 69 and have had a reasonably good sex life for as long as I can remember. Just lately, I'm noticing that while things seem to be ok (I can easily get an erection and penetration) my erection won't last and can't complete sex with the wife. She's very understanding and is being extremely positive and helpful as she normally always has an orgasm when we have sex.  I've ordered one of the Ginha 1602 units and am going to start using it. I found this site while doing my research and have to admit its been quite helpful. My plan is to post my results and report back about every 2 weeks. I've already decided on my plan of attack.  Low to medium intensity, twice a week for 3 weeks, 3 weeks off, then twice again for 3 more weeks. If anything appears abnormal, either good or bad, I'll report that immediately.  So howdy to y'all and good luck with your LI-ESWT.
CactusCat

Last edited by CCat (11/21/2020 8:48 am)

11/21/2020 6:09 am  #2

Re: Introductions

Thanks CCat, looking forward to hearing your results

11/23/2020 3:58 pm  #3

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Dick

3/13/2021 10:03 am  #4

Hello again. This post is about 4 months after my original post and I wanted to keep everyone updated to be a man of my word (although I didn't follow thru on the 2 week updates). This post will be a bit longer and explain my journey and how things have resolved. 

As stated in my original post, I could nearly always get hard but maintaining it was proving difficult. I had tried several things in the past and decided this ESWT could be the ticket. I suspected that leakage was the problem and that the treatment could help correct that. So after getting the Ginha 1602, I started the process as stated above. Twice a week for 3 weeks (Sun and Wed), then 3 weeks off. 3 weeks on, then another 3 weeks off. I experimented with several settings til I found the one that seemed to work best for me BUT (alas), to be honest with you, I did not see the results I was hoping to see. The therapy did in fact help somewhat, but after not getting the desired results, I began to suspect there were other issues at work here that needed to be addressed. My lack of morning wood, inability to maintain an erection for a prolonged period of time and lack of libido all pointed me in the direction that I was indeed suffering from low T. At my age (69) it all made sense. So I took several things into account and researched the hell out of my issues. I'm going to spell it out completely what has transformed me back to my old self.

1. The last year of Covid had me put on some extra weight that I didn't want or like. I'm 6'1" and for me, my ideal weight is 195-205, lower being better. I was up to 223 so on Monday Jan 4th, I started my diet to lose the extra weight. By the first couple of weeks in Feb, I was at 201 lbs and basically was almost finished with the dieting (more on this coming). I'm still maintaining the diet but don't have to stick very closely on it now. My method? Low carbs, intermittent fasting, and a calorie deficient diet. The weight dropped off very quickly and I'm still right around or just under 200 lbs. I only eat once per day but I have about a 5 hr window that I allow myself to eat or graze (roughly 5pm to 10pm every day). That gives me a 19 hour intermittent fast every day. Then on my meals I watch the carbs, more closely at first then less once I've reached my goal weight. The weight loss helped a LOT. More confidence, looked and felt WAY better. The trick is the intermittent fasting. Look it up. It works and it works well.

2. Now the real fix (at least for me). Doing all this research about low T, I found out that I did NOT want low T treatments from a doctor. Once you start them, you have to stay on them from now on as your body becomes dependent on it and stops making it on your own. I researched diet, exercise, meditation and so on and while each helped a little bit, it wasn't the full answer. Now I'm not a schill for anyone but I'm telling you, this worked for me. While watching Youtube vids about various help topics, by chance I ran across a guy named Dr. Sam Robbins, an endocrinologist that offered a natural way via supplements to get back to normal. I'm very skeptical by nature and thought "sure, another scam". But there were nearly 1,000 reviews going back 20 years. This is for a natural replacement supplement called AlphaViril. I'm not trying to sell you anything but this stuff works amazingly. I followed his directions (1 pill twice daily for the first week, then 2 pills twice daily after that). Take for 5 days, then rest for 2 days. Rinse and repeat. The results? I started having morning wood again! I'd sometimes wake up at night with a raging HO.  Wife noticed the difference very quickly and now we're back to having normal sex, whenever we feel like it. I cannot stress to you how well this worked for me.  In fact, after I finish typing this, wifey and I are planning a little fun session. If you decide you want to try it, look it up. It worked exactly like he said it would. Is it worth the cost? That will depend on you. I didn't want to lose my sexual abilities and its definitely worth it to me.

3. In conclusion, what I found worked and didn't work for me was that the solution was a combination of factors. The weight loss, the ESWT (I've finished the first 12 weeks and am not currently doing anymore but plan to restart again in about 6 months), the exercise but primarily the rebuilding my T levels by that crazy good supplement have made me feel extremely good about myself and my abilities both in and out of bed. While the ESWT was somewhat helpful, the low T problem was the real culprit and the ESWT was one of several helpful items. My apologies for taking so long to update. My wife had some medical issues arise that needed to be addressed and took my attention away from this topic for a while.

I hope that my post will give you some ideas and some hope. I'm doing quite well right now and I think just about any of us can get there too given a little time, desire and willpower.  I found the dieting (the intermittent fasting thing) is also a good way to build up your T levels. Combine that with some exercise, the EWST treatment and (in my case) the supplement and then making up my mind to live a healthier lifestyle and I'm one very happy guy. I'll stop in here occasionally and check up on everyone.

CC

1/13/2022 2:37 pm  #5

Long time follower... I've read EVERY article here!!! It's a fascinating topic.  My experience is with an SW8 and I found it, as many have mentioned, to be extremely loud.  I live in a condo with thin walls, so I don't think the SW8 is right for me.

3/16/2022 10:49 am  #6

Another update. My last post was about one year ago. I wanted to simply keep those interested in the process of what has worked for me. Please read my post from 3/13/2021 above. I'm still doing pretty much exactly the same thing.  I've let my weight slip up a few lbs (I'm about 210 right now due to not watching the carbs or calories as closely) but the equipment is working as you'd want it to work and no more limp d*ck problems. I went thru another ESWT session last fall as I find that helps but the real deal on this reversal of my "wood" problem was the fix of the low T problem using that supplement called AlphaViril. I don't advertise for anyone. I simply tell you what's working for me. From all my studying, there appears to be about 4 or 5 things necessary to get the wood hard. Blood flow, testosterone, weight (good pro-biotics stuff helps as well), mental attitude, and libido (sort of covered by mental attitude but not necessarily). So in looking at my personality and lifestyle, I thought the first 3 were my issues and went about trying to figure out the best ways to resolve each one. The blood flow was covered with the ESWT, I did my diet and got the weight down a bit, and that AlphaViril has helped tremendously with the low T problem. I'm still on exactly the same schedule as before, 2 in the morn, 2 in the evening and I do that for 5 days, then I take 2 days off. I've sometimes forgotten to take them and have not noticed any sort of a drop off. They may not be for you, but I'm gonna use em as long as I want to be a sexual person. They really made a difference in my world.  I'll check in again sporadically and do some more updates, but no guarantees. This worrisome lack of erections is no longer a part of my life. Everyone enjoy and good luck. 
CC

Board footera