Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2020 7:36 pm  #1

Fantastic website... medical research in this area sucks !

I have intermittent ED.  I'm so happy to find this website and see some discussion amongst DIYers.

I'm really disappointed in the medical research in this area.   Penises are powered by blood flow and most studies don't correlate any kind of cardio vascular measurements with success.  Some papers don't even mention the pulses and power levels used.

It would be great if people listed their stats when they discuss treatment.  I suggest age, blood pressure, BMI, diabetes (HA1b number), resting heart rate, etc.  Some indication of circulation levels would be interesting too.         

2/05/2021 5:00 pm  #2

Re: Fantastic website... medical research in this area sucks !

I'm kind of surprised to hear you say that the research is poor.  I know there have been issues with some of the studies, but overall I find the research into shockwave therapy to be more extensive that just about any other treatment for ED.  Most studies do include the treatment protocols.  

While it is true that they don't measure bloodflow, most studies use the IETF-5 instrument for assessing ED, which is more or less the standard for ED research,

There are literally dozens of published papers on the subject, including meta-studies.  

I've compiled a partial list at:  

https://edtreatment.info/shockwave-therapy-li-eswt-for-erectile-dysfunction/

1/11/2022 12:53 pm  #3

Re: Fantastic website... medical research in this area sucks !

I have to agree with him from the onset when problems first occur they just throw some pills at you give you a bill and send you on your way without analyzing the cause at all.
So to begin any treatment without systematically identifying the cause just seems ...lazy. 
Just read a great research paper on the relation ship between PAD, CAD and ED. Kind of surprised me because I thought there would be a greater percentage of ED patients with PAD and CAD it ended up being 54% I do believe.

Board footera