Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2020 7:18 pm  #1

Intro - Mahomes 15

Greetings from Mile high country. A Big Kudos to dicklippen for this website forum!! Like some of you here I have done a significant amount of research SW therapy and all my research coincides directly to what dicklippen has reported on as well. Great job dick !! I have read the majority of posts here and yes it is really confusing and frustrating because this therapy is so new and very little research done. I do not have ED but have Peyronies at the base of my shaft on the left side obviously curving to the left a bit. I just recently bought my machine at Dhgate from tplaser. I have just completed my 6th tx and will rest for 3 weeks. Transmitter head 15mm for ED. Settings I have used the first 3 txs were set at 16hz at 90mjs and the last 3 txs were at 14hz at 130mjs. 2000 shocks on both sides of the penis. 2000 shocks on the underneath side of the penis on both sides of the urethra(but obviously not on the urethra-that would be painful). So I cover the whole penis shaft in a 4 square fashion if that makes sense. Then I hit the pubic bone area in a horseshoe fashion going around the base of the shaft that goes into the pubic bone area with 2000 shocks. Then the crura area 2000 shocks on each side. Then I hit my scar tissue area with 2000 shocks. I would really like to have an ultrasound done on my penis to see if there is any more scar tissue elsewhere but I refuse to pay thousands for that so I just go with what I feel in the flaccid state. Even though I do not have ED I still take the ED approach so as to keep the plumbing healthy.  I am 58 and seemed literally overnight starting a year earlier my penis lost girth and length. It was just amazing how quickly it happened. I did feel a small lump at the base of my penis 1 1/2 yrs earlier and went to the urologist and he told me it was nothing and told me take Vitamin E. Now looking back he knew it was Peyronies and just didn't tell me and he also had to know Vitamin E didn't work as well because all the research out there say's Vitamin E is a joke. He just had no answer for Peyronies and their clinic stays away from standard txs because Verapamil, Xiaflex and surgery aren't that successful and somewhat risky. I have yet to use low settings as some of you have done and am interested to see in specific to my scar tissue area if going to a 3-5hz setting with a concave head and higher intensity level  because it goes deeper if I will see more results.  How many shocks do you think at those settings for scar tissue ? Yes, I know it is a guess !! LOL!! I really thank all of you for your candidness and have learned a bit more as well since coming here. 

Last edited by Mahomes15 (7/03/2020 7:30 pm)

7/03/2020 7:31 pm  #2

Re: Intro - Mahomes 15

Welcome Mahomes. I hope that Peyronies give into the therapy.

Dick

7/03/2020 7:46 pm  #3

dicklimppen wrote:

Welcome Mahomes. I hope that Peyronies give into the therapy.

Dick

I hope so as well but based on all the clinical research I have done it doesn't help but there are many youtube urologist videos that say's otherwise. Yes I know they are trying to make a buck as well but we will see. Injured tissue from my understanding turns into scar tissue and why surgery is needed to cut it out and replace with other type similar tissue from the body which there really is none and the closest is that tissue inside of the mouth specifically the cheek. SW therapy however softens up the scar tissue and I am wondering from your perspective if doing a penis pump right after SW therapy would help even more since the scar tissue is already soft at that point and only softens it more stretching it more permanently? Your thoughts?

Last edited by Mahomes15 (7/03/2020 7:48 pm)

7/04/2020 6:33 pm  #4

I've run across a couple of studies that used SW for Peyronies.  The conclusions were that SW did not provide much benefit, sorry to report. 

I've also run across a traction device that claims to treat Peyronies by applying tension directly on the affected part of the penis.  I have no experience with it, so I have no basis for an opinion.  The device expensive as traction devices go, ($500). but it apparently went through some clinical testing at the Mayo Clinic.  At that price I would recommend careful due diligence before purchase.  For what it's worth, you can check it out here: https://www.restorex.com/

Last edited by Yobro (7/04/2020 6:34 pm)

7/04/2020 9:57 pm  #5

Yobro wrote:

I've run across a couple of studies that used SW for Peyronies.  The conclusions were that SW did not provide much benefit, sorry to report. 

I've also run across a traction device that claims to treat Peyronies by applying tension directly on the affected part of the penis.  I have no experience with it, so I have no basis for an opinion.  The device expensive as traction devices go, ($500). but it apparently went through some clinical testing at the Mayo Clinic.  At that price I would recommend careful due diligence before purchase.  For what it's worth, you can check it out here: https://www.restorex.com/

Thx for the info Yobro. Yes, I realize that SW will probably do very little but I have to take that chance. What I plan to do is get a regimen going of SW, pumping and then traction. You are correct that Restorex is very expensive and I have seen knockoffs for like 25-45 $$, I mean how much difference can there be if all I am doing is stretching my penis ya know.

Board footera