Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2020 2:41 am  #1

ESWT in relation to Peyronie's disease

Hello guys,

I'm glad to meet you!

As I've explaining in my introductory post, I'm signing in here after a 3 years struggle against a Peyronie's disease locked in the inflammatory phase, which is characterized by a fibrotic disorder causing parts of the tunica albuginea to turn into a stiff plaque, and leading to painful erections, ED, and deformation/shortening of the penis.

My ED is not major, but the pain still is, making life quite impossible sometimes. I've tried pretty much everything existing under the sun, both in the scientific field and the alternative area (up to red light therapy, with which I had astonishing results on ED by the way), without serious or durable success.

After having stumbled upon this wonderful forum, and with the approbation of my main urologist who checked the specs, I just ordered this ESWT machine : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0852VNR11/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (specs in the middle of the page)

--> My question is : do you pro guys agree that this machine may be relevant in order to adress penis' tissue regeneration, and more specifically to reduce the local inflammatory response occurring all day long deep into my shaft ?

Of course, I'll keep you guys up to date when I receive the machine and start using it, both about ED and pain/inflammation !

Stay strong, cheers :-)

G

4/23/2020 5:09 am  #2

Re: ESWT in relation to Peyronie's disease

Hi Gabriel, please tell us more about red light therapy. 

4/25/2020 12:09 am  #3

Hey Pleasework,

Well, in my journey to desperately try to treat my Peyronie's, I recently came to studying red light therapy (RLT), which has gotten quite a hype.

After reading and compiling, as I always do, a great lot of information, both academic and anecdotical, I ordered a specific wavelength lamp bulb on Amazon (quite cheap, around 50€; the link to the one I bought seems dead, but you can surely find something equivalent without trouble on Amazon UK or US). Here is the screenshot of the stuff:

[post edited: pasting the picture just generated 5000 lines of strange URL, and posting my whole Word document with scientific informations made the site crash... So here are the raw specs: "36W red light red 660nm and near infrared 850nm Led light therapy bulbs skin and pain relief"]

Then I started trying to expose my penis to the light, for 5, then 10 then 20 minutes sessions, at 20, then 10 then 5cm distance, twice a day, for one month and a half.

Well, no pain/inflammation reduction whatsoever, all I gained was A) Strange brown pimples starting to appear (but I guess it was from when I was clearly overdoing it at the end LOL), B) Very soft smooth penis skin, C) Fierce, ravenous erections for at least 24 hours after each exposure, especially at night, from the first 2-3 days of treatment. I tried it on my face too, 2x10 mins a day, with a very noticeable improvement in skin quality in very few days; but I did not continued it, as it gets boring to just sit and do nothing in front of a freakin light bulb several times a day.

So I don't know if RLT could useful to you for ED long term, but I absolutely think there is something to it with regards to tissue regeneration, and probably to mitochondria metabolism. Given the prices of the cheap devices (you can probably get a bulb + a flexible shaft for less than 70€), I'd definitly say it should be worth trying, especially because it could work in synergy with the ESWT. Just start slow and don't overdo it!

Hope that helps guys :-)

Last edited by Gabriel (4/25/2020 12:11 am)

4/26/2020 6:12 pm  #4

Thanks for the info Gabriel1. Red light therapy seems intriguing but lights are rather expensive to take the gamble. 

5/12/2020 9:21 am  #5

5/14/2020 11:08 am  #6

Hey buddy,

Well, it's not exactly the same aspect, but it does really look like mine, and the wavelengths are exactly similar; so I say: go!!!

Be sure also tu buy a kind of flexible metal arm that you can attach to something (for me, the edge of my desk), as you don't want to stay 15-20 min a day holding a light bulb on your dick doing nothing^^...

Cheers,

G

5/14/2020 1:36 pm  #7

@Luca, please keep us updated. When do you expect it to arrive?

6/11/2020 9:09 am  #8

Gabriel wrote:

Hey buddy,

Well, it's not exactly the same aspect, but it does really look like mine, and the wavelengths are exactly similar; so I say: go!!!

Be sure also tu buy a kind of flexible metal arm that you can attach to something (for me, the edge of my desk), as you don't want to stay 15-20 min a day holding a light bulb on your dick doing nothing^^...

Cheers,

G

Hi gabriel, sorry for my late reply. I found two other machines, this is the link: 
https://www.amazon.it/YC-Infrared-Therapy-Sollievo-Dolore/dp/B07QL5MQHH/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=red+light+therapy&qid=1591890658&sr=8-1  
and this:
https://www.amazon.it/YC-Therapy-630nm-850nm-Infrarosso-Whitening/dp/B07Q3Z5VT7/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=red+light+therapy&qid=1591891315&sr=8-3  

do you think the first link in my old post is better? it's a 36w machine like yours: https://www.amazon.com/Therapy-Wolezek-Infrared-Device-Relief/dp/B07TDP67LR/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3T38P6X0I3WTG&dchild=1&keywords=red+light+therapy&qid=1591891246&sprefix=red+light+therap%2Caps%2C255&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWDVTQUZLV1k0RklUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTY2NTA1MlRHVUVKNldaRUJITiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDYwOTc0MUc4RzgyMVpCVzIyUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

And about your ED, your main issue was the loss of erection? Cause i think i've a venous leak, so loss of erection.

@Pleasework yes i think soon i will buy the red light machine, i will keep you updated

And i also bought a shockwave machine, im really hopeful. (Sorry for my english)

Last edited by Luka_ (6/11/2020 9:11 am)

6/11/2020 10:18 am  #9

Ciao Luka,

No problem!

I checked all your links: each bulb seems legit, but if you want to test the same as mine, I definitly recommend you to go for the 36W one, which is exactly the same as I have but in black color.

As I stated maybe elsewhere, my ED was/is surely very psychological-dependant more than fibrous/venous/Peyronie's-dependant, so I would not want to mislead you. All I can tell you is that 1. My erections were definitely and massively stronger when I was doing RLT ; 2. If you do have venous leakage, I strongly recommend (if this is confirmed by a urologist through a dynamic MRI, which you should seek ASAP) you implement a vacuum erection device (VED) routine, preferentially through the Augusta medical system's 3-cylinders VED (SomaErect I believe, check the site mypelvichealth, which is I believe Augusa's reseller for Europe), which is crazy expensive but much more reliable and efficient in the long run than its counterparts (and trust me, in 3 years of Peyronie's, I've tried a lot).

All the best,

G

6/11/2020 12:25 pm  #10

Gabriel wrote:

Ciao Luka,

No problem!

I checked all your links: each bulb seems legit, but if you want to test the same as mine, I definitly recommend you to go for the 36W one, which is exactly the same as I have but in black color.

As I stated maybe elsewhere, my ED was/is surely very psychological-dependant more than fibrous/venous/Peyronie's-dependant, so I would not want to mislead you. All I can tell you is that 1. My erections were definitely and massively stronger when I was doing RLT ; 2. If you do have venous leakage, I strongly recommend (if this is confirmed by a urologist through a dynamic MRI, which you should seek ASAP) you implement a vacuum erection device (VED) routine, preferentially through the Augusta medical system's 3-cylinders VED (SomaErect I believe, check the site mypelvichealth, which is I believe Augusa's reseller for Europe), which is crazy expensive but much more reliable and efficient in the long run than its counterparts (and trust me, in 3 years of Peyronie's, I've tried a lot).

All the best,

G

Thanks gabriel. You told me that your red light is not the same aspect as the link. Can you post a pic? if it's not a problem for you. 

Board footera