Shockwave for Erectile Dysfunction

More and more men are having shockwave therapy to fix their erectile dysfunction, either at a clinic or self-administered. This is a forum to for men to discuss what experiences they have had, what treatment they used, and what results they obtained.  The goal is to get men to share their ideas, trials, successes and failures in order to help other men working to improve their mojo as well.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2019 11:14 am  #11

Re: My intense therapy

When you’re measuring mj/mm, are you using the radius or diameter of the head? Are you applying it directly to the skin or slightly above? 

I think the SW10C came with

- a 35-40mm diameter head (default)
- 15mm diameter head
- a thin rectangle head

ED setting caps out at 50mj I think.. some of the other settings go higher. Want to be sure because I saw some high settings were not so good

The 15mm was super loud at 30mj and jackhammers forward.. I can’t imagine what 90mj sounds like.

3/11/2019 12:26 pm  #12

On a round head, the formula for calculating the area is Pie * Radius (squared)
So for a 15 mm head  3.14 * (7.5 * 7.5) = 176.6 square mm

For the rectangular head simply multiply the width by the length.

3/11/2019 3:44 pm  #13

Thanks! I wasn’t 100% on that.

Sounds like 15mj for that .09 ratio on the 15mm head. I saw posts about using 2 bars (90mj?)

3/11/2019 5:05 pm  #14

My machine's ED settings also don't go high enough so I use a different setting that allows more strength. 30mJ is pretty weak, and yes, it does sound like a jackhammer. I believe that 2 bars is about 90mJ.
 I'm doing it at 130 mJ.

3/12/2019 6:37 am  #15

dicklimppen wrote:

My machine's ED settings also don't go high enough so I use a different setting that allows more strength. 30mJ is pretty weak, and yes, it does sound like a jackhammer. I believe that 2 bars is about 90mJ.
 I'm doing it at 130 mJ.

Whoa, wait, what? I thought the studies (so far) indicate the ideal energy in the treatment is 0.09 mj/mm². So, if that's the case, doesn't the math look like this: 15mj/176mm²=.085 ? The 176mm² is determined by 3.14*(7.5mm*7.5mm). So, the ideal energy SHOULD be right around 16mj, right?

I'll look for the study I read. It was an interesting study that basically compared multiple other studies and conducted a meta-analysis. Based on the data collected from these multiple studies, the sweet spot seemed to be that .09mj/mm² energy.

I guess my question would be for those who feel like the treatments have helped. What energy level were using? I too have felt that the .09 (or approx 15mj) energy didn't feel like much, but I thought I should follow protocol. What is the experience of others? 

3/12/2019 7:55 am  #16

I know that is seems like a simple thing to convert mJ to Mj/mm2, but there are other variables in the equation. I cite the study that contains it on my blog somewhere. For a 15mm head 90mJ or 2 bars should give you .09mJ/mm2. 

3/12/2019 12:27 pm  #17

That’s what confused me Hopeful. Math wise it’d seem lower, but I saw a general study (not Ed shockwave) that had those higher values for power

http://www.shockwavetherapy.education/index.php/theory/dosage

The other thing ratio wise, is it lists a 35mm head for healing. The area is over 5x.. whatever mj it uses would have a much lower mj/mm^2

Do any of the people applying gainswave (or similar EU names) list what they use in terms of head size and power?

3/15/2019 9:07 am  #18

So I am still trying to understand what the recommendations means for the machine that I just received. SW5F-ED its options are:
Preselection default 2500 - that is clearly the number of shockwaves, then Current - this counts the number of shockwaves as the treatment goes and stops it at the Preselection number,
The frequency default setting of 1 Hz - this is clearly the number of shockwaves per some time period. At 1 Hz it was taking forever so I increased it to 5 Hz which was much more rapid.
Energy - the default under the ED default setting was 5 mj - which I left untouched, this was the lowest possible setting.
It came with a number of heads, already attached was the largest which is the recommended for ED treatment and was simply listed as #5, I assume this is the 15mm head that is discussed.
Any recommendations for changing these options? Preselections (number of shockwaves), Frequency, Energy (mj)?
Thanks!

5/26/2019 1:48 pm  #19

Just found this forum and want to say Hi. We all seem to be searching for the best treatment protocol. I just purchased machine on ebay. I had two professional treatments (Gainswave). They recommend monthly maintenance at $500 per treatment, so I got a machine. I have the preset ED protocol but is is nothing like the professional treatments I had. Frequency and power were much greater. Had to use lidocaine cream. Don't need it with self treatment protocol. I have been using 30mJ, Frequency 5 and the unit came with two special ED heads and 3 rubber attachments...have no idea when or how you are suppose to use them. Almost too many options. Any direction would be appreciated.

5/27/2019 7:01 am  #20

royroo wrote:

Just found this forum and want to say Hi. We all seem to be searching for the best treatment protocol. I just purchased machine on ebay. I had two professional treatments (Gainswave). They recommend monthly maintenance at $500 per treatment, so I got a machine. I have the preset ED protocol but is is nothing like the professional treatments I had. Frequency and power were much greater. Had to use lidocaine cream. Don't need it with self treatment protocol. I have been using 30mJ, Frequency 5 and the unit came with two special ED heads and 3 rubber attachments...have no idea when or how you are suppose to use them. Almost too many options. Any direction would be appreciated.

Try 90-120 mJ at 15 Hz which is what Gainswave uses. Are the rubber attachments to cover the head? I always use a condom to keep the gel from getting in the head.

Board footera